Sunday, August 14, 2016

Who am I? Who are you?


Do you know who you are? 
Oh, there may be roles that we fill such as mother, father, sister, brother, friend, neighbor, etc. Yet, those tell but a fraction of who a person is.

To know yourself with all of the roles you fill, all of your deep dark secrets. All of your joys, your hopes, your little quirks that make you who you are, is a semi-mastery of self.

What do other people see when they peruse you?

I know what has been said of me, as a person. The sincere compliments (which is what I mostly give credence to), the judgments by others who must be perfection to be able to throw such stones.

I have been a daughter, a student, a worker, a military Sgt, a mother, a friend etc.

People have pronounced me as:

A best friend
A girlfriend
A slut
A bitch
A sweetheart
A Jet whisperer
An intuitive
A very smart girl
A badass bitch
A tough cookie
A Queen of Follow Through
A kind soul

The list can go on and on. While I may be viewed by others using those terms, it still doesn't define me.

More recently:

A Mimi
A psycho 
(by someone who isn't very stable, himself, projecting, maybe?)
A MILF
A survivor
A sexy pixie (lol)
A sweet doll
An ungrateful person
A badass in the gym
A deep thinker

These terms are said of me, yet, they are only judgments made by others. Sometimes the harsh ones hurt, then, I consider the source.

I know who I am.
I am:
A descendant of Tatanka Yotanka or Sitting Bull
A kind hearted girl often misunderstood
A single girl who refuses to settle
A lover of warm blooded animals, not reptiles unless they are cooked properly, taste like chicken
A USAF Veteran working to get a claim approved
A mother of a hard working student
A dreamer
A lover, sometimes fighting for what I love
A survivor trying to make it in an unkind world
A lover of fitness as well as good health practices
A bit vulnerable at times, shh, don't tell

You know who you are, don't you? If you do, that's awesome-sauce! If you don't then start by asking yourself questions about what you like, where you have been. 
What is your hearts desire?

I know what my hearts desires are.
Not telling. :)

L8ers, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...