Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Skills!


Got 'em?

Good!

No?

Go get some!

Everyone is capable of gaining phenomenal skills. Abilities that will help them in everyday life, sometimes even give some pocket change!

When I was relatively new in my fitness journey, I never thought I would enjoy it as much as I do. Living in Colorado Springs when I began my fitness journey, I was about to find out!

The Peterson AFB Fitness Center in Colorado Springs, CO had a husband & wife team of Yoga & Pilates teachers. They made it look like so much fun! I needed to change it up, so, I gathered information on times & days when the classes were offered. I was about to discover YOGA!

Free Yoga classes, yet another military benefit!

I went to these classes, free of charge, every day that it was offered. If there had been a fee, I would have gone broke! First, I tried Power Yoga. It was a bit much for a beginner, plus, the class started at 0530 hrs. Plus, I didn't "click" with the teacher.
Yeah. 
5:30 aka o'dark thirty!

I know I was hooked when Yoga hooked me! 

The married couple who led the Yoga & Pilates class were so much more instructive. It was a more relaxed pace, it was also that the classes started at usually 1100 hrs to 1300 hrs. 

Yeah, baby! 

It almost felt like family. Yep, it was that good!

I felt myself changing. Changing my mindset, changing my sleeping patterns. Becoming more peaceful inside. I admit, I had a somewhat vengeful nature, before this.

Only when someone hurt me so badly, though, that it would devastate me to my core. Emotional pain is the worst, for me. It disturbs my sleep, interferes with my family relationships. Gives stomach aches, headaches, nausea, loss of appetite.
Turns me upside down!
Yupp. That's what it took for me to want vengeance.
Legal vengeance. 

Even that need for vengeance disappeared. As my body became more lean, I practiced more Yoga. As I did more Yoga, my body became more lean.
A beautiful, ongoing circle.

In present day, I don't know who that vengeful girl was, yet, I'm so glad that I'm no longer her.

Yoga skills have helped me in other ways, too.
On Monday, I went to a GFs home. She wanted to show me her new sewing machine that was way under a coffee table against the wall.
I got down on hands & knees on the floor, slid my left shoulder under my chest, flattened my body out on the floor, grabbed the machine & pulled it out!

She sat up from where she was on the sofa and asked me,
"Good god, girl! How did you just do that? That would put me in pain for a month!"

Not realizing that I just did what feels totally natural to me, I looked at her and replied:

"Oh, it's only because of doing Yoga."

GF is beautiful. Beautiful in face, body, mind, spirit. She's good people. She's also 10 yrs younger than me. :)

Yoga skills benefit me constantly. I'm only 5'3", yet, I can reach my hand quite high & far when needed. I can also balance on 1 foot, right or left for as long as I wish. It's all part of the benefit training muscles & stretching & extending them regularly for flexibility. Another benefit of Yoga is the peacefulness that a person can reach for in times of stress and/or duress.

Enough Yoga preach! Ha ha!

Many people have hidden skills. Abilities that people purposely hide, which are private.
Skills within you that are just waiting to be unlocked! 

Being humble is best.

I have a multitude of very useful skills. Many are very private. Many are those which I only bring out once in awhile, when needed.

When people live up to their full potential, discovering things about themselves, it makes for a much happier life.

Your own personal skills are waiting for you to discover. Whatever your age is, whatever factors are present in your life, they are waiting for you.

The greatness of you is an embryo inside, it wants to be born! Give it life!

Peace out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...