Monday, August 15, 2016

Go on, love yourself!


You read that correctly!

In a sexual way?

Maybe.

But that's not love.

That's the Flogged Under Carnal Knowledge-ing version. 

The love I'm talking about is when you have the self respect to love yourself first. Tend to your own needs before over-tending to the needs, wants, requests, demands of others.

Taking care of someone is to do those things for them which they are unable to do for themselves. It's healthy.

Care-taking is doing things for someone that they can do for themselves. This is less than healthy for you or for them.

Recently, I have encountered a very demanding, controlling, manipulative person. Little does this person know, I had the misfortune of being married to someone who used all of the same tricks on me to manipulate me with the outcome of control of me.

So, I called this person out.
OOOOHHHHH!
One unhappy camper

Because I was asking for simple things. Requests such as; getting some of their possessions out of the place I was living in and wanting to know when I would have hot water for showers. According to this person, because I wouldn't give in to their demands while I was in the process of moving, I was ungrateful when offered "favors". 
Favors which, with this person, are given so they have future leverage to throw the "favors" in my face to manipulate me to give in to their demands.
This person seems to hear "no" very seldom.
Having learned when to say, "no", yupp, ha ha! 
One unhappy person!
Refusing "favors" from this person really unleashed anger on me.

Having learned to fill my own needs, being so independent for so many years, it has made me quite self sufficient. Of course, when a guy holds a door for me, or any chivalrous gesture, I love it!
Self-sufficient is a far cry from being a feminazi.

I COULD depend on a man if I was in a romantic relationship with him, yet, will never put myself in a place of having to depend on anyone else.

Oh, my dears, there are so many manipulative people out there. Having learned to steer clear of them is benefiting me great big!

Having learned to take care of my own needs first is healthy, yet, it can really make a demanding and/or manipulator, cross with you.

Have you learned to say no?
When to say no?
When to say yes?
Whom to say yes, to?

I think I could write a book on this subject.

I
Will
Stop
Right
Here



             The End

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...