Wednesday, August 10, 2016

The Voice!


Hello! Well, hello! Hope this finds y'all well.

So, The Voice. 

It may or may not be what you think it's going to be. 

Previously, I mentioned the importance of self-talk. More importantly, talking to yourself inside your head in the same way you speak to someone you dearly love.
During air travel, the flight attendant demo before the aircraft takes flight instructs people, during loss of oxygen, to put their own oxygen mask on first before attempting to assist others.

Love yourself first before you expect others to love you or even before you wish to love other people. It's a beautiful balance. :)

What does your inner voice say to you?

Does it say:

OMG I look fat today. UGH!
No one will ever love me
I'm so stupid
I won't ask anyone, they will probably say "no"
I hate my hair
My life sucks

What if your inner voice started saying:

Hmm, my butt looks good in these pants
The sunshine feels good 
I'm good enough
I'm smart enough
Dang! Sometimes I even amaze myself
I can do this, I just have to keep going

That inner voice makes a difference in how people feel, how people are viewed by other people. A secure person with self confidence is definitely more pleasant to be around than a less secure person. 

Prefacing my next statement with saying that I am a spiritual, intuitive person. is important.
Organized religion is less of a focus for me, now, though it had been in the past.
There is a difference between being religious or being spiritual.
Choosing to be more spiritual & intuitive is less of a choice for me as it's my natural state of being. Less religious feels good.

Being spiritual & intuitive, I have learned to monitor my self talk, to speak to myself more positively. 

On to my point.

The Voice.

For several years, as I have been putting my life back together, an encouraging voice speaks to me. 
Funny aspect is that this encouraging voice speaks to me during the time I'm doing the cardio part of my workout.
Today, cardio was fantastic! 65 minutes on the elliptical machine, 6.1 miles, it was a good sweat sesh!
This voice was nearly shouting at me.
In the past, it would say:

"Keep going, Brenda. You can do this. Life was so hard for you, if you keep going, life will get better. You will have everything that you once had. You will get it all back plus more. Keep going!"

Today, the message was the same, the voice was LOUD! This is the first time the voice shouted at me in an excited, happy way.

I believe it!

I keep going.

Life has been so painfully hard.

I will believe it will all get better.

Stay tuned!

L8ers, baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...