Sunday, August 7, 2016

Thus Far


In this experience called life, so far, I hope that I have learned from the painful lessons, gloried in the joyful experiences, savored the opportunities to learn, to grow.

Off the wall, here ~ Do you believe in Astrology? The Zodiac?

It's been around for longer than many studied sciences or arts. It's been around since man could articulate that the beautiful glowing orbs in the heavens were stars.

Now, peeps, dear peeps, I am not saying that I put much faith in Astrology, yet, not exactly saying that I don't. Through personal experience I have learned that there are elements of truth in everything.
SpecOps and cops are taught to lie by throwing a kernel of truth into a big lie to extract information. It works.
Don't ask me how I know this, I might have to kill you if I......
you know. *smile*

So, Zodiac.
My birth date is Bastille Day, essentially the French version of the USA's July 4th. Except, in France, it's July 14th. 
I'm a Bastille Day baby. This means that mommy and daddy had a very happy Thanksgiving the year before I was born. It escaped me for many years when my parents would remark at how happy the Thanksgiving holiday was previous to my birth. *smile*

Being born on July 14, that makes my zodiac sign Cancer the crab. Ahh yes, crabby ol' Cancerian! Appearing tough as well as impenetrable on the outside? Oh, really?

Soft, sweet, vulnerable at heart.

Don't piss a Cancer off or you will get the pinch. 

It's like a reflex with Cancers, we wish to love then be loved in return. We love deeply, our loyalty toward friends & family is fierce. If you intentionally or if they perceive that you intentionally hurt a Cancer, buddy, you're screwed.

With most Cancers, they are dreamy, idealistic, hopelessly romantic, nurturing, caring, kindhearted & generous. 
Day dreamers! 
Cancers are also very playful, fun loving dreamers. Artistic, creative, the most passionate lover of all of the Zodiac signs when with someone they truly care about. It can be a flaw, sometimes. Being the most sensitive of all the Zodiac signs as well as a bit moody at times. Cancers love their sweets as much as they love water in any form.

This pretty much sums up my personality. If you look up Cancer Zodiac in the dictionary, my face should be next to it!

With this said, some of the life lessons I have learned have been deeply painful ones. Less of a shock there!

So far I have learned ~

The very best food is that which you make at home
When given the choice, be kind
Trust yet verify
Sex outside of marriage , never, the horrible pain is not worth it
Watch anyone for 90 days before deciding to let them in, or not
Family can be by heart or by blood
Believe actions more than words, yet actions can also be suspect
Enjoy each happy moment to the fullest
Moving through time is inevitable
Growing older is optional
Organized religion is a big lie
Don't date cops, ever, it has turned out badly for me every time
Love yourself first
Buy the best quality you can afford
Second chances may be a good idea, third are a bit too risky
Stereo typing is self limiting
People should only be placed in a box when dead, don't kill them
If you won't help another person, at least, don't hurt them
Children are great detectives, they can see the tracks their parents thought they had covered 
Eat real food, pass up processed junk!
Learning to speak other languages opens doors
Even someone who is blood family, will betray you
Thinking positive can change your life
Speak the truth, speak it kindly
Get 1 hour of heart pounding exercise every day
******************************************

These are just the things I have learned so far. These are just what momentarily leaps out at me. 
I'm just a simple, happy girl, making her way through life, doing my best to be a good person. To learn, to constantly grow and change.
Striving to improve my mind, my body (as in becoming more lean, stronger, more toned).
Striving to make the most of the time I have in life to do some good in the world. Possibly, I can make small differences that have a positive ripple effect in the lives of others.

My tastes are simple. Love others, be loved in return. Happy times with friends & family.
Meaningful conversations.
Eventually a 3 BR 2 BA cottage close enough to the ocean that I could be at a warm sandy beach within minutes. A dog, a horse.
Pure bliss!
Anything else would just be cream.

Solid nightly rest

Good wine

Good food

Good night, my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...