Thursday, August 11, 2016

Priceless!


As in, without price. It's becoming more scarce with time. Many people think they have it or don't care if they have it or not. Some people live with it as easily as breathing, as easily as swallowing.

This last category is the least common of all, sadly.

The people of the last category are keepers. When you meet someone who has it, keep them in your life as long as they wish to be kept. Let them leave your life if they wish to leave, yet, learn from them, treat them with kindness, with respect. Yank their chain occasionally, just for fun, yet, don't push their buttons very much.

You might risk losing them if you do.

That would be sad.

You would feel the loss for a long long time.

These scarce & wonderful people who have what I'm referring to will take being messed with in good fun, you can sparingly push their buttons. Yet, they have self respect. If they tolerate you, they love you very much, that, in itself is a precious thing.
They are unafraid to walk away from a person who treats them in hurtful, harmful ways.

These are the rare people in the world who have integrity in largess!
Dependability is rare in today's world. 
People who actually care enough to keep their word?
Very scarce.

Part of this sad state of being is due to the media, yet, people can choose. They have a choice to honor their words, their commitments, or not.

Those people who are dependable generally tend to only associate with others who are dependable, who have integrity.
Into every one's life, some flaky people will appear.

Yet, those who are dependable know the value of having dependable people in their life. It makes life better, for sure.

My personal definition is:

Say what you'll do, then do it. Be where you say you will be when you say you will be there. If circumstances change and you must be late or have a true emergency so that you have to cancel, let the other person or people know as soon as possible.

It's a simple principle that few people employ in their lives.

Do I do this?

Absolutely!

 My children nick-named me "The Queen of Follow Through"

They also called me "Madame WOW" from a hilarious incident when we went to Paris, France. That's for another time, if ever!

For the last 10 years, my life has lacked stability. It's finally evening out. I hope.
I could have achieved more stability if I was willing to sacrifice my integrity. People do it all the time. I couldn't live with myself if I sacrificed my integrity. It would be a false sense of stability.

~ A wealthy man in Dallas, in his early 90s, no living relatives. He was very wealthy. He wanted me to marry him, then, inherit his wealth. I didn't love him. I couldn't marry for money.
~ There was a girl who asked me to call her mother & say she was with me so she could go out to party with friends. I really liked spending time with her. I couldn't do it. I never heard from her, again. It was so sad to me. 
~ A gentleman with a "wad" of  $100s dropped one. In my conscience, I had to chase after him to give it to him.

Integrity rocks!

Having integrity & stability, having the security of dependable people is important for peace of mind. At least, for me, it is. 

Is this true for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...