Thursday, April 20, 2017

Simple Life, Happy Life

It's so easy to live when life is simplified.

The difficult task is deciding to simplify, how to discern what to let go of. Things are only things. 
Cluttering up living space with things to dust. Things to be owned will begin to own you when they cease to serve a purpose.

The Konmari method started by a Japanese woman is sweeping the world! Marie Kondo is doing a wonderful service while raking the cash in all over Japan, all over the world!

Her method is simple. Guys are doing it, girls are doing it. Even children are doing it. 

She recommends going category by category, Clothes & wearables such as hats, shoes & including purses, wallets, too.
Other categories are kitchen, living room, bathroom. The last is papers. Anything paper. Photos, letters greeting cards, magazines, newspapers, etc.
The last category hangs many people, as these items tug at the heart, rouse emotions, really get to many people.
It was less difficult for me, as I have rid myself of a lot of this already.
She recommends that, when going through each category, pick each item up, one by one, hold it in your hands, maybe press it to your heart, see if it sparks joy for you.
She calls it the "spark joy" feeling. durr.

The category which was hardest for me was clothing. I get emotionally attached to clothing. Shirts & dresses I wore to certain events or when spending time with people who I loved & still love. It was a tough one for me. Still, pressing forward, I did it!

Some items I will always keep are:

The Tinkerbell lucite figurine (replacement) from a box of Captain Crunch cereal when I was 5 years old.
The baby blanket my mother wrapped me in to bring me home when I was a newborn.
The hand carved French mahogany sewing box & accessories which was given to me by a beloved client's daughter after her mother passed on.

These are treasures which still bring me joy when I look at them, feel them, touch them. The baby blanket is of very good quality, given to my mother, by her sister, Elaine, when I was born. It's still in very good condition.

Living with more quality vs quantity, clutter & dust is a happier existence for me. 

It brings it home that having more meaning in life is a more sincere way of living. That's me! Sincere, genuine, striving every day to be the most authentic person I can be.
Most days I make it, sometimes I fall short, yet, I'm always striving.








No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...