Sunday, April 2, 2017

Matthew ~ I love the name!

You may ask ~ what's in a name?

You may ask.

In all honesty, I can't tell you why, the male name ~ Matthew ~ does it for me! Especially when the guy refers to himself using the whole name. The shortened derivatives of it have less impact on my perception, or, so it seems to me.

Maybe, it's because the meaning of the name is, look it up if you doubt, "Gift from God"

Maybe, it's because every guy with the name, Matthew, who I have ever known, has pretty much lived up to this description!
The girls I ran with, for a time, in Colorado, teased me about it, when I was careless enough to let it slip out about the way the name, alone, affected me,
GAWD!
So embarrassing!
These girls were downright devious! If a discussion was getting a bit too heavy, one of them would lean over & whisper, "Matthew" into my ear with hot breath! So unfair!
The delight & giggles from my reaction was their sick, demented entertainment!

It's the name, for sure, yet, more than that. The sound of the name, Matthew, brings into my thoughts, every wonderful, intelligent, hot looking, fun to be with guy with that name, who I have ever known.
His pronouncement of those 2 melodious syllables, together, it does things to me!

Matthew!
*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...