Sunday, April 16, 2017

Heart of Gold

Being kind, being compassionate, is a natural state of being for me. Yeah, as corny as it sounds, I'm the genuine one who enjoys being nice.
At times, it's necessary to be a bitch, yet, it's unenjoyable for me. In todays world, there are predatory people, both male & female, people of all races, religions, ethnicity etc, who look for easy targets to exploit. Those people can be someone you don't know or ones you do know. Often they are your own family members. Their purposes for exploiting you can be for money, sex, emotional gratification or any number of a smorgasbord of anything that serves them.

An easy target is someone who is TOO nice. Being nice is about being nice to yourself, first, as in, refraining from letting others take advantage. Then, nice to others, while discerning predatory from friendlies. :)

In the past, I was too nice, then, I became downright bitchy.

Present day? Having struck a balance between the 2, I have a heart of gold while refraining from being a pushover.

I'm a lover, not a fighter, however, I will fight for what I love.

2 comments:

  1. I'm too nice but I have gotten better at not letting people take advantage of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're awesome, just as you are. If you want to change, then, change. You'll still be awesome!

      Delete

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...