Monday, January 29, 2018

Update

If you care to know or even if you don't, here it is!

Obviously, if you care to know you are still reading!

Whilst this may seem micro to many, it has been HUGE to me, for so long. A pesky habit I have had for, let's just say, many years. Remembering why it started, not telling!

However, I will tell you my progress in ridding myself of such an ugly, pervasive habit.
Have never been a ~
- Cigarette smoking or tobacco addiction
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Excessive sugar consumption
- Excessive spending $$$$

One habit shy of being Mary Poppins perfect!
Just playing!

It's important for a person to take care of themselves. It's important to myself, to go a step or two further.
Mani, pedi, facial & skin care, etc.

Yupp.

I'm having success in curing myself of picking at the skin on my finger cuticles. Started taking Biosil & Natures Bounty Hair Skin & Nails Gummies, July 2017 to help with nail strength. It's working!
At night, I wrap the fingertips in med tape or bandaids with a small dab of coconut oil or olive oil. It's helping!

All that was needed was the desire to stop this ugly habit.

Part of why I started was from anxiety as my marriage was falling apart. That's how long I have been doing it. 
Oh, my fingers would look very pretty for 2 - 3 days after a manicure. Then........the picking would start again. 
Within 4 days after a manicure they would be dry & bleeding again!
This would repeat.

Many fortuitous events have taken place so that I decided that 2018 would be the year I stop this insidious habit.

So far, so good! I think that wrapping my fingertips before beddy bye time definitely helps.

If I keep improving with NO PICKING at all, I'm going to treat myself to a pro manicure on Friday.
Keeping my un-picked fingers crossed!

Wish me well, peeps, yeah, I really do need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...