Friday, January 12, 2018

My "Room-Mate(s)"!

Funny event last night. Well, unusual at the least!

The last time I had a roomie was 3 years ago. Have had a few roomies. All guys. Yes, they were strictly roomies.

I'm uncertain as to whether this roomie is a guy or a girl.

Recently noticing that things had fallen  off my kitchen counter & bathroom vanity in the night. Sometimes when I was out of the house on a day trip, road trip or just outside the house for a full day, I noticed things had fallen onto the floor, left where they had fallen. A bit bothersome while manageable. Small annoyance.

Having only seen roomie once in a fleeting moment, it's rather odd!

My proverbial roomie is a rodent! If it's a mousie, it's a Texas size mousie!
Last night, I set a rat size glue trap out, just in case the mousie has been working out as much as I do.
Ya know, birds of a feather -n- all that!

Placing a dime sized mini dollop of peanut butter in the center, I placed the glue trap under the kitchen counter.
Around 0300, I heard it!
"flap-flap-flap"
pause
"flap-flap-flap"
Then, so on.
Went back to sleep, figuring, I'd tend to mousie in the morning. This morning, heading toward the center of the kitchen. I saw little spots of peanut butter in a trail toward the back door of the house. The trap? 
GONE!
The mousie had taken it along. Maybe to go sledding? Maybe to brag to friends?
"HAH! I AM the one that got away!"
"Guess who I am? I'm da MOUSE!"
Time to get a more clever mouse trap for a more clever mouse!

Tonight?
We shall see!

Stay tuned. *smile*


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...