Thursday, January 18, 2018

New Beginnings

Yeah, so, it's a new year ~

A belated ~ Happy 2018 to everyone. Every guy, every girl, every dog, cat, horse, cow but not toads. Toads are, well, toads!

On Friday, January 12, I went to a fantastic hair stylist to change up my hair! Be patient, new photos are forthcoming. Taking photos are low on my list of favorite pass times. Taking photos of myself, or having photos taken, even lower on the Brenda list of likes.

Photo taking is very close to last while so many enjoy it, even, sometimes demand photos as proof. Too much curiosity, maybe?
How, in Gods name can you expect me to believe you had fish for lunch if you didn't photograph it first? Hmm? 

Well, I can bring it up for you if you wish!

Saying good bye to an old friend, my teal zip up hoodie. It was tough, it was time. It was a gift from a friend who has passed on.
R.I.P.
The person who finds it at the second hand shop will not know its history. That's ok. New history to be made. Au revoir mon amour. 

Also said carro addio to 3 pair of yoga bottoms, too worn to donate. Wore them, loved them for the past 5 years. Having bought 3 new yoga pants to work out in, the discards were not only too large for me, they are very very well loved.  :)
Split up the inside thighs, giving a peek, well loved. :)
They go the way of many that are well loved. The rubbish bin.

Next, to go were my gym shoes. This is going to be tough.
Do you get attached to items of clothing or footwear that were gifts from someone you were fond of? 
Even wearables that were worn whilst spending time with people I was incredibly fond of. Yes. All good things......

One item, sure to be a bit more difficult if there is such a thing, is my "habit". I do it in my sleep, sometimes or in times of stress, anxiety, sadness. Those feelings, miraculously are abating!
Depression, especially in cold weather may take longer.
So, here is my deep confession ~ I pick at my finger cuticles!
Started this horrible habit at least 15 years ago! UGH!

2018 is when I have pretty fingers. Picking cuticles is verboten!
'Nuff said!
I'm sleeping with surgical tape around my fingers for protection. :)

This, 2018, is also the year I super clean my eating habits. That might work if I eat wearing a clean cape? Nawww!
I may falter a wee bit, here is a vow to eat more clean than ever! I may hit the choccy mousse cake at OG, a time or two.
For the most part, so far, eating more clean is working.

Stay tuned on that beast. Ha ha!

For the most part, I do feel like I'm changing at a faster rate. I see my body changing from doing TRX for nearly a year, from the sessions with an AWESOME PT!
As the body changes, so does the mind, the spirit.
Digressing, the 5 hour solo drive to San Antonio & back did good things for me. Gave me a bit o honey aka self confidence!

The fully charged taser on the passenger seat next to me helped. Having a fire arm & a CAC is okay. With my taser, I can legally transport across state lines & it takes batteries which are less costly than ammo. Also, when a pistol is aimed at someone, it can more easily terminate them. Most people doubt someone will actually discharge their weapon.
A taser?
It will hurt like a llama kick, they will remember.
They will back off! No choice from the pain it delivers.

Yes, I went through the cert course, yes, I have used it ~ thrice!

I felt the change beginning, before I left for SA, I feel it more now, than when I left. Of course it was a 5 hour drive back. :P
Casting aside the depression that gets me with the cold weather, I DO feel really good changes happening within.
With a little help from  my "friends" my hair is growing faster!

Whereas I used to be all floral-ly & jasmine, discovering the masculine AXE body scents just DO IT for me!

Changes must come from within, maybe acted upon by outside influences at times, good changes, nonetheless! 

Namaste






No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...