Friday, January 19, 2018

Many Small Tweaks, Big Changes!

Yupp.

Fitness talk.
       ❣

In my past days of obesity, my feet were constantly hurting. Same for my knees, back. Hyperventilating to climb stairs.
                                           UGH
The changes started to happen shortly after 6 months of regular daily exercise. Eating habits were still in need of cleaning up! I felt that having Pringles Sour Cream & Onion crisps once a day was okay as long as I only had 20 or so.
NOPE.
WRONG.
I was the one shooting my hard work to smithereens!

Having not set foot inside a gym...ever, until 2004, I had no clue what I was doing. Knowing what I wanted to accomplish while having no foggy idea how to get there!
How do you get to Paris, France from Dallas,Texas, even with a passport?
Until there are flight schedules, road maps, plans for tours through the city of lights, it's doubtful there would be much success.

I started to do research into healthier versions of the items I liked to eat plus things I should be eating more of.
DANG!
It was so daunting!
I had so much to learn, so far to go to get closer to a goal.

Most of the people in my original family struggle with obesity. Learned behaviors in eating badly, uncontrolled portions, drinking too much soda, alcohol, not near enough water. Big dishes of ice cream every night. Sedentary day after day. I have heard it said that learned behavior is one of the most difficult obstacles in life to conquer. 
I love my original family, love them very much, they are very dear to my heart. My lil brothers passing 7/16/2017 hurt a lot!

Being determined to conquer the learned habits of unhealthy eating, unhealthy lifestyle, it was an enormous challenge!

This could be a 10 part blog post, easily!

Cutting to the meat in the matter. (Mmmm MEAT!)

I learned to eat:
Lean natural protein with no additives such as creamy sauces, excess salt or fats. (tuna, salmon, chicken breast, turkey breast, occasionally beefsteak or venison steak when available)
80% fresh raw veggies. (spinach, kale, broccoli, cauliflower)
20% fresh raw fruit. Limiting sugar in all forms is important.

That's basically it.

Sugar & Dairy foods will add to belly fat. Ew!

Protein will keep muscles fed, keep skin, hair & nails strong & healthy. That's the whole aim, isn't it?

Things I can do now that I couldn't do when I was obese?

~ Bend all the way over with inner wrists flat on the floor.
~ Stand up from a sitting position easily, no bracing for help
~ Climb stairs & walk or run at a fast pace easily
~ Find clothes that fit me & compliment my figure easily!
~ Look forward to going bathing suit shopping!
~ The shoes in the girls section fit me since my feet are smaller!
~ Shop in the juniors where the REALLY CUTE clothes are!

Happy News!
As of today I have 40 sessions with an AWESOME PT who really knows her stuff!
Today was our 4th session. She and I worked together, before. She is really tough, very knowledgeable, very truthful in her assessments. 
Today, she told me that she noticed that I was smaller than when we had worked together before.
I think I weigh the same amount, I have simply slimmed as well as become more lean in the "right areas". Probably gained muscle which replaced the fat. A more attractive idea for sure!

Soon, PT will do measurements. I still have the measurements she did last February. It's a little intimidating.

Whatever gets measured, gets managed.

I will continue to work with her 2 days per week. If she suggested 3, I would go for it!

For now, I work toward 6 pk abs & a more stream lined bod.

Stay tuned.  😎









No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...