Thursday, January 11, 2018

Ah-may-ZINGGG!

Great things are happening right now! As for me? They are!

I'll start with the most current event.

A bit of history:
My mother with held my birth stats from me. No one else seemed to know or maybe they didn't want to anger her by giving the information to me. When I asked her, several times throughout my life, the response was similar:
"It's none of your dam business!"

Umm, thanks, Mom.

Why is it so important? 
Well, just because it IS important to me.

Mom died in 1996. That's a story within itself.

After several years of trying different methods to find the information, today, I have it! The Vital Stats phone would ring several times, with no live person answering it. I may have simply been calling at the wrong times.

Today? I spoke with a live person! O yeah, I was jazzed!

Speaking with a very kind woman at Vital Stats in West Virginia (where I was born), she searched & found the information I have hungered for, wondered about for most of my life!
As I worked to contain my composure, I felt jolts of excited energy shoot through me as I wrote the information down.

Now, I have it!

Knowing where I come from, who my ancestors are, has always been important to me. It tells me a lot about who I am.
Even having my DNA analysis was a thrill!
It explains a lot to me.
Why my eyes are such a light green while my siblings eyes are darker.
Why my hair is strawberry blond. As hard as I try, the red always comes through! Mom had bright red curly hair.
My intuition, spiritually sensitive nature.
Interest in.....well......everything! I'm curious about everything!

Something that I found to be very interesting is that I'm 55% Native American. It makes me wonder, if my siblings who are still living, had their DNA tested, how much NA blood do they have?
The rest is mostly Scottish, Irish & German with English heritage in the smallest amount.

Interesting, yes?

I think so.

The thrill of the week, maybe even the month or year, is, learning my birth stats. 
It was less of a surprise that my birth weight was 6 lbs 12 oz. Still, I was pleased to have accurate information.
Mom was a heavy smoker, which was what ended up killing her at a relatively young age.

I will feel the glow of this wonderful happening, for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...