Saturday, July 30, 2016

I Know What I Wanted



Oh I wanted my darlings to see that the world
Could hold such wonderful magical places
Gave them all of my love plus surprises
To see looks of delight on their sweet little faces

We had duck pudding sometimes elephant too
Being so silly made for such a childhood treasure
It made the time and work and daily sacrifices
Turn from exhaustion and pain into pure pleasure

Big and beautiful birthday celebrations always
Lambs, luaus, cowboys, tea party, TP princess
It was the only proper way for this chik to give it
The Queen of follow through went to excess

The adventures we had on 747 birthday parties
The excursions to France to simply do grocery shopping
The daily crossings of El Puente de Diablo were
Mesmerizing exciting sometimes just jaw dropping

Each of my sweet darlings had a different experience
They all remember it differently in so many different ways
Through it all there is one theme they all have in their hearts
The sense of adventure of a magical childhood still stays

Oh the Christmases we had with such glitter and such fun
Oh the joy of the gifts they were delighted with so deep
It was mostly worth the pain after the party I thought
Though I suffered so greatly from so much lack of sleep

For babies have a funny habit of growing into children fast
Then children grow into teenagers as we plead with him above
My only wish is that my sweet babies know that their mother
Did all that she did to preserve sanity while giving all of her love

******************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...