Thursday, July 21, 2016

Are you out there?


I can almost hear your laughter
Almost see your face
Almost sense your body heat
Memories that won't erase

Some people believe in life after death
The cliche' is that some never live
Some people keep to themselves
Others have so much more to give

You gave and gave then gave some more
So humbled when others gave in return
It only made me love you more
It only caused the passion to burn

If someone had told me you would be gone
No warning before you were taken
I would have never believed it
They would have to have been mistaken

It seems like only yesterday
You were standing there at my door
A vision of manliness
Could not have asked for more

Now I am here with this hole in my heart
You're not here to fill
A place no one else has been
Most likely no one ever will

Was it really so long ago
When we slow danced under the moon
Seems like it was yesterday
Gone too fast gone too soon

*****************************************

Yes, I still miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...