Wednesday, July 20, 2016

As I Move On


Moving through

It seems like every day is revealing different aspects. Do you know what this is? What I'm speaking of?

The world is so set against people over the age of 30. Especially girls over the age of 30. They are viewed & treated differently than guys over the age of 30. See what I did, there? *smile*
Even guys over the age of 30 are viewed differently after they leave their 20s behind in an age marker that many guys dread.

Am here to tell you.........it's actually really, really funn!
When you are someone who is in good health, good physical condition, it's even more so.

For me, personally, I speak, read & write Spanish, fluently. Same for French, German. My Italian is okay, could be better. Knowing all of these languages, people are surprised. They would attribute this knowledge to a person much more aged than they think I am.

There is a lady at the gym who has Aztec heritage, speaks mostly Spanish, very little English. I speak to her in Spanish, she's so nice!

We had a short conversation before I started my workout, all in Spanish, of course. She went her way, I went mine. A person who always says hello to me as I say hello in return, asked me,
"Do you speak English?"
I smiled.
"Yes, I do, why?"
Him ~ "I heard you speaking German to the Ukraine girls, have only heard you say hello in English."
"I speak English on a good day, most days are good days."
Him ~ "What else?"
Me ~ "I have many hidden talents, have a good work out!"

Kinda funny. Before I left the gym, he asked me if I was over 30 or under 30?

UGH!

Like it matters sooooooooooooo much.

When a person has moved through time, they begin to realize that age matters significantly less than they, ignorantly, once believed. Significantly less than when they so rudely asked people they did not know, their age. So rude.
Gauging who the person was, based upon their age. Putting them into a box they constructed based upon a false stereotype.

Equally sad.

As you move through time you will see how little age or money or things matter.
If you are wise, you will value people.
If you are wise you will discard materialism.

I wish you happiness, wisdom & flashes of spicy excitement!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...