Sunday, July 17, 2016

Family love!


Family is so important. It's definitely important to me. Although family relationships have been more of a source of pain for me than anything, family is still very important to me!

What is family about to you?

Family can be in the blood, in the heart or even a simple online connection. Having experienced all three, they can be deep,
Real life is preferable to me.

The look in a persons eyes, their scent, their smile, better irl!

Family is not necessarily blood & shared genetics. If it were, people could not become families unless they married a brother or sister. Adoption would only be on paper, no parental love.

During this past week there were many hurdles. My birthday was July 14 and I'm moving at the same time. Being part of the Oak Street Baptist Singles group, I feel that these people are family.

My church family!

These people are such good people. We are all single as in never married, or divorced or a couple people even lost their spouse to death. None of us are blood related, yet, they feel like family to me!

The leader of the group (a really great guy) and another person who I'm fond of (female type) took me out for dinner for my birthday.
It was then that I told them I was moving.
These people helped me move 3 years ago. Now, they are helping me, again. I really need these people, so much. I try to do as much as I can to give back. My heart wants to do SO MUCH MORE!!!
This says a lot.

I'm a very independent person, I hate to ask for help.

When I ask for help, I have to really need help.

This move is going to benefit me greatly, it was necessary.

In the 100 degree Texas heat, helping someone move dressers, beds, dining table, box after box after box of odds & ends. It's very strenuous, exhausting, yet, my church family is there for me.

I really, really hope that they know how grateful I am, how much I appreciate them, how much I love them

Being mostly cut off from family is hard, considering how many siblings I have. How many aunts, uncles, cousins, 2nd cousins even 3rd cousins. It's a bit sad, yet, I have learned to accept it.

You can't make them love you if they don't. You can't make a heart feel, something it won't.
Yes, I am happy in spite of this, acceptance, happiness, peace.

Family by blood is common.

Family by heart is rare.

Being one who feels & cares deeply, they are important to me.

I love both with my whole heart.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...