Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Coming up Green

Yes, in honor of the upcoming holiday! Plus some revealing facts. *smile*

Do ye hae any Irish heritage? or perhaps Scottish?
If ye do, then, good on ye!

I have ancestry from my Native American father. Then, on my 
mothers side, her mother was pure German for generations back.
My mothers father, my beloved grandfather, there was English, Irish & Scottish. 
Most people have heard of DNA testing. Usually, it's done to prove paternity, or identify crime related facts.

I'm a firm believer in Groupons. When I received an offer in my email inbox from Connectmydna.com, I was excited!
Knowing my heritage, it seemed as if it would add another dimension to my knowledge of who I am. Who I really am. On a cellular level, yes, however, I have a burning curiosity about everything! It gets me in predicaments sometimes. Still, I would
rather continue to be curious about everything.
It keeps me stimulated, going on new adventures all the time!

This Groupon offer was around $20. for what is regularly 
$100 - $150. A DNA test of a sample of my ~ yup ~ DNA!

I also like to save money whenever I can!

I'm aware of dominant & recessive genes. This characteristic is what produces children in a family who look different despite their common parentage. They have varying strengths & weaknesses. Varying interests, personalities, even skin tones, hair color, hair texture, eye color, talents, intelligence levels. Every different person receives different individual percentages of the DNA that is carried by both parents.
Fascinating, yes? YES!

I bought the DNA analysis. I was excited when the DNA collection kit arrived. Followed the instructions to swab, vigorously, the inside of my right mouth cheek, then the left.       I sent it out the very next day afterward!
Then, the wait.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Twenty days later! 
I woke up early, checked the web site. My analysis was there!
As it turns out, I am 50% Native American as I already thought!
Also, 10% German, 40% Irish & Scottish mix. Fascinating!

So, this may account for my strawberry blond hair?

idk

Discover yourself.

You're worth it!

Happy Irish Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...