Monday, March 28, 2016

Being Authentic

Having the courage to be real, it does take courage. It takes courage to look deep inside yourself. Ask yourself questions.

Who am I, really?

What do I like?

Why do I have this habit or that habit?

Do I really truly like myself? love myself, even?

How do I define love? life? happiness? anger? fear? kindness? bliss?


Only you know what defines you, if anything truly does. Personally, I believe that the series of my near death experiences, the influence of my grandfather, getting out on my own while still a teenager, all helped me to know myself. To know myself very well.

Going through my struggle with obesity, now triumphed, also shaped my compassion for others who still struggle with it. It's a personal fight that no one can fight for you. Each person must face it on their own.

Being in touch with my body has also, always been a part of who I am. I can feel it when there's sickness going on as well as what to do to ward it off. It's almost like my body has a separate voice, giving information feed, telling me what it wants, what it needs, what it can do with a little improvement on my part. Demanding lil wench. LOL! Just kidding.

This also means that my skin is very very sensitive to touch. During a relationship, my lover was amazed at how he could actually feel a temperature change in my skin wherever he touched me. It was that palpable. He could feel my skin contract & relax, grow  warmer then cooler with just his touch. He was amazed, I was nonplussed as it's normal for me.
A large part of who I am when I'm so smitten, so attracted to a man.

Being genuine is simply my nature. It's sad, to me, in this world that people feel so insecure within themselves that they feel the need to be fake. These poor creatures have been false for so long that they have lost touch with their mind, body, essence of what makes them uniquely who they are. These people try to fill the deep need for external validation. They post multiple photos of themselves,then, keep checking to see how many comments, compliments & "Likes",they can get. They sometimes respond to the saccharin compliments, in a modest tone. This screams insecurity, no amount of online adoration is enough. Until these people become secure within themselves, they scream out for attention, being spoon fed false security. So very sad.

It's never too late to connect with who you are, to be your most authentic self. Grab hold of sanity, of security. If you wish to do so.

Start by asking yourself questions, explore the joy of being real.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...