Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Fifty Shades of Green!!!!!


Spring has begun in North Texas!!!

YEEEE - HAH!

An end to ice, s_ _ w (it's a dirty word!). Hello spring time! Longer days, spring showers, greening up my lawn! The birds
are singing every morning - early! The daffodils are blooming. Soon, the scent of hyacinths will be in the air!

Right now? The lovely scent of dog crap fills the air. EVERYTHING is thawing out. Everything.

Summer is my favorite, Spring is nice, too. Observing the birds & other animals is a pure delight. On my way home from the gym, this morning, I saw two birdlets fluttering together in a puddle. They were enjoying themselves so much. This is a small town, so, not much traffic. I stopped the car to watch them, delayed making my right turn so they could continue without being disturbed....or run over by another car.

Squirrels are chasing each other, birds are doing mating dances! It's real entertainment to watch. Have seen a few feral kittens that are new. AWWW.  Cute. Would love to catch a few & get them spayed or neutered so the number of feral cats would be kept in check. I have done my part a few times. Can only save so many. Would save all of them if only I could! I can't have pets or I would.
Oh, it's not a matter of a landlord issue. He wouldn't care, would be cool with me having a dog or cat with no pet deposit.

It's not them, it's me. *smile*

Freedom is very precious to me. As a free spirit, I like
to leave & arrive as I please. If a workout feels good, I want to continue, guilt free that a pet is waiting at home, missing me. If staying at the gym, on a trip out of state, or just wanting to sleep long, undisturbed, it would be unfair to a dog, cat or bird.

For now, my beautiful bamboo plant is enough, I may buy a plumeria shoot to raise to flowering. Plants are about as much responsibility toward a living being in my home as I want. Not sure if that will change, later, for now, plants are enough.

Green is one of my favorite colors. Things that are green seem to usually smell so good, fresh, clean, exhilarating.

Green is in the air, on the ground, on the trees, love it!

I'm hoping to move further south in Texas, this summer. North Texas is warm in the winter, mostly, I like it more warm. South
Texas is warmer, closer to the ocean. It's been nice, living in this small town, I'm ready to move to a larger area, closer to the ocean. More opportunity, more people, closer to the ocean.

While it's cool enough to be comfortable, with hot summer days 6 - 10 weeks away ~

Enjoy, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...