Sunday, March 20, 2016

Victory & Defeat

              or

Defeat & Victory

I had it all then it slowly slipped away
Leaving me feeling so incomplete
Clenched fists while crying every day
Tears of such embittered defeat
Life is the death of me in pieces
Love in so tender a heart of gold
The sorrow of days only increases
Unbroken unspoken untold
For the ears of many are blocked
Their hearts I cannot even touch
Kind words only leave them shocked
Kind deeds would not mean very much
Romance and sweetness of feminine spirit
Soft lips round hips with soulful angel eyes
People can't fathom nor even come near it
This is how the sweet cream of humanity dies
Yet this heart of hearts will hold to the hope
That there is still a favorable chance
So I tie the knot while holding fast to that rope
In the slightest glimmer of circumstance
That hearts as of old made of gold not tin
Still beat within such sweet manly chest
With courage smarts loving kindness within
Summoning forth only the best of the best
Then hope is still very alive yea very well
The sweetness of romance is still breathing
No sting can sting there's no fiery hell
Flames nor coals nor spirits seething
For as long as love lives in the hearts of heroes
Our great nation defended with their common sweat
Their worth is far above quadrupled zeroes
Forever for always we all live in grateful debt
Conclusion approaches as it is it's natural will
Let me say with a heart that beats true
In the little space of time which my prose did fill
Forever for always I give love and kindness to you

********************************************
Brenda

c 3/20/ 2016 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...