Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Flu




It's here.

In my home

In my body

Feels as if my head is about to explode. I conquered the horribly sore throat. Chicken, that I eat, is boiled. Saving the chicken broth for just such an occasion. If I have a sore throat, a chilly evening, sometimes a bit of depression, hot chicken broth is wonderful! If I dice a bit of fresh ginger root in it, even better. Lots of sleep, lots of hot baths with a few drops of lavender oil & jasmine oil for a soak.
YES!
I have the flu, still, going to the gym is part of my day. It takes all of my energy, saps it right out of me. Come home, get sleepy, go to bed. That's how my days have gone since March 24th.
I will recover. 
Other people who I have known who recently had this awful flu, took 3 weeks to a full month or so to feel normal.
What is normal? Ha ha!
I will be better by Friday. No April fools, there. Better by April 1.

Strength training at home & at the gym has been good. I will continue progress with that. The flu is just a virus, I'm stronger!

Strength?

Yes! 

More, please.

Feeling my abs getting flatter, stronger, tighter, spurs me on. Feeling my ass getting tighter when I walk, makes me feel good! Feeling the flexibility (from Yoga) in arms & legs when having to extend their reach to retrieve something from a 6 ft shelf, I'm only 5'3". Being able to extend my legs a full 2" longer when rock climbing, just feels fantastic! Only someone who has had the strength, the tight body, then, has lost it due to the effects of a verbally abusive spouse with the ensuing obesity, would understand my joy in fitness!

For now?

I have a workout waiting for me!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...