Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Welcome to my Guest Room

             AKA
Southern Hospitality!

So........I should have done this a year ago. I have multiple excuses as to why I didn't do it, sooner.

~ I'm lazy
~ There wasn't any motivation
~ Too much work
~ Depression
~ The task was overwhelming
~ Wasn't sure where to begin

I could go on and on. Finally, motivation met energy plus enough money. Plus, ability to take a long stretch of time, sufficient to get the monumental task done!
Turning a cluttered room full of too much "stuff" into an inviting, comfortable place that feels like a home away from abode took a lot of work! 
Although I have gotten rid of more than half of what I had in Coldorado, then half again since moving to Texas, I still have way too many things. Living simple is best. 

Tomorrow, my guest will be here, then will leave, Sunday, at 1530 before my meeting for work. It will be a sweet time, a comfort to have someone, here, keeping me company.

For the guest room, I went with a gender neutral theme. Kinda beachy. Teal, tan, white, brown. A seagull fixture & bamboo arrangement. It looks like a couple of Bed & Breakfasts I have stayed in, in Hawai'i. beautiful, calm, refreshing, peaceful. I may alternate sleeping in that room after the guest leaves!

The refinished table, my guy friends helped me with is in there, too! It's beautiful! They did a great job!
Pictures? Maybe.
Photo, meh, so, yeah. 
I s'pose you could say I'm more a fan of real life. Real people, real connection.
Still, there may be photos. The guest room is so pretty, maybe, it will prove too much for this sense of accomplishment I feel that I will snap a few photos!

Time for me to rest.

Good night, sweetheart, where ever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...