Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Funny

Life can be really funny at times. As one who is very fun loving, a lover of laughter, a prankster at times. Yup, a slight mischievous streak. Harmless, fun, funny, it keeps life interesting.

Try it, if you don't already.

When I first arrived in Texas, I was working as a substitute teacher in the Jr High & Senior High Schools. The students loved me, I loved them, too. They saw, immediately that I am very atypical from the other people who are my peers.
I gave a few YOLOs, high fives when they entered the classroom, then when they left. They were surprised that I knew who the music artists they listened to were, even listened to a few, myself. My music taste is very diverse. Every artist from Bach & Mozart to Drake, Ariana Grande as well as George Strait, Taylor Swift, Brad Paisley. Can't stomach Christian music or Gospel, even some of that is okay, yet,just okay. The students thought it was cool that I would bring chocolate, beef jerky and Cheez It crackers just for them.

Am generous, kind, loving at heart. The students are so respectful. Just starting out in life. Their openness was refreshing, endearing. Their open admiration of my life experience was good for me. Feeling so vulnerable, unattractive, they made me feel respected, cared about, gave me hope that there are still people who care about others. As I care so much about others, they warmed my heart.

When I subbed for one teacher for a full week, one student, Dylan, proposed that we go get the football coach's mascot, a tall post with a horse-head on it, then, hide it! I was game.The mascot's name was "Carlos", or so Dylan claimed.
It was really heavy,about 80 lbs, yet, because I work out, I also lift, it was no problem.
Again, the students were a bit amazed to see my bicep bulge as I picked the mascot up with no problem.
When I went to the local grocery store that employs the students in town, one evening, last week, Dylan was working there.
Oh my! He has become so tall, I barely recognized him!

He asked me if I remembered hiding the mascot. Of course I did! He told me that it was the most fun he had ever had at school.
We talked & laughed, he had to get back to work.

Yup, ha ha, fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...