Monday, April 27, 2015

I Love...


There are many things, places, people, animals, etc. that have seasoned my life like sprinkles on a cupcake, like leaves on a tree, like beautiful mysterious stars in a dark night sky. I love them, all of them. They pepper a life with the richness of living!

Coming to mind, this early, beautiful, rain soaked Texas morning are the men in my life. With a memory as vivid as mine, though some events have blotted them out, the impressions on me, heart & mind, remain.
Love the sound of a mans voice. His scent, his smile, his twinkling eyes when delighted. The stormy reflection on his face when pensive.
Men are fascinating to me.
Maybe they fascinate me so much, since they are polar opposites of my deeply feminine nature.
I admire a mans muscular structure, the way they can grow hair on their faces, their upper body strength, the walk of confidence which so many display, just love, love love it!

When I went to Colorado over the Easter holiday, the friend I was staying with has been seeing a guy for awhile. He invited us to his home for Easter dinner. This man can cook!!!!
Now, I am not a "strictly salad girl" although, I do juice 4 days per week as well as eating very healthy, natural foods.
So, he made a salad using spinach, arugula, iceberg lettuce, fresh basil leaves.

OMGoodness!

That salad sent my taste buds into orbit! ha ha! It was such a wonderful flavor. This experience caused me to begin experimenting with herbs in a different way.
I love herbs!
Not necessarily the 420, although, I might consider growing some to incorporate into a salad soon.
Basil = Taste bud delight
Cilantro = Gives me deja vu!
Dill = Reminds me of my Grandmother, Elsie Kendall
Oregano = Makes me feel slightly nostalgic
Curry Powder (I know it's a spice, not herb) = Feels like energy
Parsley = Just tastes good & clean in my mouth
420 = Never mind, ha ha!
I love herbs! Spices, too

Dogs are great animals! When obedience trained. If not trained, they are as annoying as a spoiled child. Lately, I have been dreaming about my dog, Sammy. Have been dreaming about him a lot! He was probably barely 6 weeks old when I picked him up from the sellers. They said he was 8 weeks, there is no way he was 8 weeks old. I had to bottle feed him for almost 3 weeks before he could eat puppy food.
Sammy was a black and tan Doberman Pinscher. He was a big boy from the start. when he was fully grown, his back came up to my hips, he was 125 lbs! Yupp, ha ha! A biiiggg boy!
He was very sweet, very smart, very loyal. He would escape from the house just so he could lay in the grass on the front lawn to greet my 4 kiddos when they came home from school. He looked scary due to the stigma attached to his breed as well as his massive size.
Sammy was a gentle giant. The strong, silent type. He was definitely my dog. He would lay at my feet as I did needlework, sitting on the sofa or when the fam-bam sat down to dinner. He didn't beg for food or try to snitch some. He simply wanted to be near me as much as possible. I trained him starting as a puppy, to walk at my side, heel, sit, come to me when called. I didn't need a leash for him, yet, had to use it as the laws dictated.
He would look at squirrels, birds, other dogs, yet never left my side on many walks we had.
Sammy was one in a trillion, he was THAT wonderful as a dog.
Have been considering looking for a Doberman puppy to raise & train, to keep as a pet, a protector, companion. Yet, it would be difficult to find a dog of the high caliber in personality as Sammy was. That is most likely why I still dream about him to this day.

What do you love?
Who do you love?
What is your passion?
Whoever or whatever, follow your passion, your dreams.

Go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...