Monday, March 23, 2015

Rehab Time!

Let's go!

After my morning workout, there was a bit too much traffic congested around the school zone, so, I took an alternate route. The route chosen took me through a neighborhood that was slightly upscale. 

Let me just say that I'm not a dumpster diver kinda gal. Not dogging those who are, it simply is not my way. I prefer new, unique items. Yeah, just like many aspects of my life, I'm quite picky. I know what I prefer, generally stick to it.

There was a large, white house with a beautifully landscaped yard. Set out to the road was an upholstered chair that had seen better days. Next to it, was a small oval table.All wood, real wood! It has an inset thick glass top. The wood is beautiful. Just needs a bit of filler in a couple spots. The dove tail joints snapped together when I pressed on them. I put it in my car, took it home. It was surprisingly heavy! 
The first thought was GUEST ROOM!!!
My daughter may be coming down here to visit me. In the past 8 years of being on my own, I have always kept a guest room. Time to get it together!

My buds are always asking me how they can help me. How they can do something for me. Being a very independent person who is not used to that, all I needed was for them to change some light bulbs for me, I don't have a ladder...yet. So, rung them up to ask of their experience in painting. Told them about my table find with all of it's potential, they agreed to take a look at it. YAY!

I took before pix. Maybe, I'll post before & after versions!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...