Monday, March 16, 2015

Sweet, Petite, Dangerous to Know!


Maybe

That's a play on the description of Lord Byron, the infamous famous English poet. I say infamous because of the stories of his philandering, womanizing, on the sly business dealings. Famous, simply because he was and is. 
i.e. From every female he bedded he took a lock of hair, only, not from their heads. um, yup. 
Guys, please don't get any ideas!

Famous for his clever poetry.
He was abused as a young boy. His governess beat scripture into him by day, sexually abused him at night starting at around the age of 10 years. Is it any oddity that he became the notorious man of dubious character that he became?
As a youth, the most noted aspect of his personality was that he was a sensitive child as well as very very precocious. His sensitive nature surfaced in his writings which titillated the ladies who were drawn to him throughout his life. It did not hurt that he was said to be extraordinarily handsome. Natural good looks, sensitivity, charisma, appeared to be wealthy, wrote poetry to express himself. Yep, a real player.

Writings such as this:

She Walks in Beauty

BY LORD BYRON
She walks in beauty, like the night
   Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that’s best of dark and bright
   Meet in her aspect and her eyes;
Thus mellowed to that tender light
   Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

One shade the more, one ray the less,
   Had half impaired the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
   Or softly lightens o’er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express,
   How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

And on that cheek, and o’er that brow,
   So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
   But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
   A heart whose love is innocent!

Most likely, every lady who read these lines, who had "been" with Lord Byron, thought these lines were written for her. There were many ladies so he had quite a large fan club.
NO! I don't fancy myself unto Lord Byron although, I do write quite a bit. Have written hundreds of poems, a book, 7 volumes of journals as well as, of course, blog entries.
Sweet? yes, mostly, although, if someone crosses me, I give in return, just as is dealt to me. Petite? Becoming more so with time. Looking at photos from even a year ago, I noticed that my legs are slimmer with more muscle, arms are slimmer with slight muscle definition. I'll just say of this, doing squats does a body good, 'nuf said! My abs are getting more definition which thrills me. It's exciting to see progress. 
A T-shirt I bought a year ago was way too tight. I put it on yesterday, it fit perfectly with room to spare! This shows me, although I'm not losing weight, my body is becoming more compact, more lean, more muscular. 
With all the long workouts I'm doing, YAY! It's great to see progress.
Dangerous to know? In a good way, yes. Having a creative mind, means I think of things outside of the usual. Very creative. On some occasions, I go back to being the shy girl I started out as in life. Mostly, am very curious, very inquisitive. Adventurous, mostly fearless to try as well as do those things many are afraid of. Therefore, as I see it, they deprive themselves of supreme experiences in adventures that come along so infrequent in a lifetime that, to pass it up, seems like a sad loss. 
I'm not dangerous unless someone hurts me very badly, emotionally or hurts someone I love.
The solution? Don't be a dick, no one gets hurt, emotionally, that is.

*smile*


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...