Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Some thoughts going around in my head, today

The day usually starts with a prayer for me as soon as I sit up, awake, in bed.
Then, vitamins, then Yoga stretches on my ballet barre.
Then?
Changing it up recently, I started adding more cardio to kick me into better shape. To the gym I go, for a rapid 3 mile walk on the treadmill with varying speeds, varying incline for HIIT training. This is before TRX with the awesome teacher, Amy. She rocks as a TRX instructor.

After TRX, I was doing SPIN. I hate it. I may go back to it or I may not. I really don't like it, plus, I am avoiding putting too much strain on my right arm. It's still sore after the recent week long episode of pain. The 2,000+ drive was painful, time to give the arm a bit of a rest. 
Still working out, yet, going a little easier on the arm.

On my way to the gym, thoughts of what to do about the theft by the TSA of my laptop.

"Bastards!" I thought

Arriving at the gym, a really insightful person whom I'm getting to know was there. Rita. She's so genuine. Love it!

We spoke for a bit on the treadmill, then, her time was up.

Time to plug the music in.

It's possible that the music I listen to spurs sexual thoughts or maybe the physical activity with the ensuing body burn.
When I'm working out, I think about many sexual things.
Have to be uber careful to avoid eye contact with anyone. Have been told that it shows up in my green eyed gaze. :)

Every few months, I clear my music out, then, replacing it with anything new.
Music in all genres has become increasingly sexual with time. 

Marvin Gaye was ahead of his time. His music would be considered mild in comparison to today's otic offerings. Same goes for Prince. They were both ahead of their time with their crooning of "sexual healing" and "head". Yupp. Mmm Hmm.

So, listening to Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello' s "Bad Things", while working out, it conjures up feelings & thoughts of just that. Hah!

"Wow, those things are not so bad, I'd like to do some of those"

"Joining the mile high club was such a rush!"

"Dam, that guy would look good naked!"

"It will be nice to get home for some alone time, in the dark."

So, yeah, who need the "whisper" app? I have it all going on in my head!
Driving to the library, the car in front of me was just sitting there, not leaving the parking lot!
Looking closer, I saw that the driver was texting!

"What if I just tap the bumper with my bumper!"

Of course I wouldn't do it, yet, I sure wanted to!

"Move your ass, lady, get off your dam phone!"

"If it was someone I know, I would shoot her a text to tell her to MOVE!"

I'm becoming increasingly less tolerant of people whose life is online. People who ignore flesh & blood people who are right there with them in favor of a fake life on social media or anything online.
It seems so rude & uncaring to me. I can't change anyone, nor will I try. 
However, I can choose to opt out of the pervasive, obsessive, preoccupation many people have with their phones, laptops, tablets, etc.
I can exercise my option with my feet by walking away.

I had a smart phone for awhile, yet, I saw myself slowly sinking into the pseudo online life. As uncool as many people may think, I went back to a flip phone aka a burner.
What other people think matters less to me than my life choices to be a happy, healthy person.

Today, at the library, one of the noisiest places in Graham, TX.
Maybe the noise level is more noticeable because the library is SUPPOSED to be a quiet place, yet, it isn't.

"Gawd, it's the lady with the restless 4 year old boy! UGH!"

"I wish to hell, these people would use their inside voices!"

"Wow! That little squirrel is running around without mama!"

"Oh, no! I'm getting hungry!"

Only allowing myself to eat AFTER a workout is very motivating. Today, I have a combo of chopped kale, chopped spinach, chopped red cabbage, carrots, red bell pepper, walnuts, dried cherries.
I just squeeze some lime on it & drizzle olive oil, then add chopped white meat turkey.

YUMMMM!

Share your thoughts throughout your day....if you dare!

L8erz!



2 comments:

  1. Interesting post...and a bit naughty...nice ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a bit naughty....nice, that's me. Some things never change. :)

      Delete

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...