Thursday, June 15, 2017

Online trolls & online Prince

The internet is a plethora of diversity. Anything you're looking for, most likely, you'll find it.
The good
The less desirable
The pretty
The ugly

Then, there are those who are in a class by themselves ~

THE TROLLS!

These creatures seem to slither up out of wherever they are, to piss in anyone & everyone's cheerios.
It's just for fun, to them. Being sharply critical of everyone just for fun is their hobby. 
Trolls will skulk around various sites such as You Tube, social media sites, message boards, product review. Sometimes, it seems as if they are being paid to give negative reviews by a competitor.
It seems to make them feel empowered. In reality, it only makes the troll reveal themselves for what their true colors are. 

There's a difference between a truthful opinion vs an over the top nasty critique which seems so implausible, it reeks of lies.

Then, there's the online Prince! The person whose posts are kind yet fair. It's obvious that their words are chosen carefully.
I say "Prince" vs "Princess" for a reason. 
Mentioning his online handle or his real name, you know, the one on his birth certificate? Might be unwanted publicity.

I love me some good YouTube. Time to time, I make comments that are intelligent, honest, my true feelings. When trolls have verbally attacked my words, I simply ignore & move on.
This online Prince had come to my defense so many times, it caused me to take notice.
Then, one day, he sent a private message to me.

Being the ever curious minx that I am, I responded. He told his real name to me, asked me for mine, we messaged back & forth for awhile. He remained intelligent, insightful, respectful.
It was quite enjoyable.
One day, he asked if I would rather email by our private email addresses. I keep an email account that's unconnected to my FB for just that purpose. I used that email address, being cautious, to message with him over the course of several months.
Our correspondence remained enjoyable.
After 6 months, he asked if I would like to speak on the phone, no pressure to do so, just a suggestion.
He is Canadian & would be in the USA for a few weeks on business, so, it was the ideal window of time to become better acquainted. I wasn't ready to meet him in person.

We set up a time to talk, he was just as personable on the phone as he was online. We were both slightly nervous, yet, the chemistry that was there was undeniable. It was rather surreal, speaking with him, hearing his points of view. I liked his Canadian accent!!!
A male voice is appealing to me, already, love it! His was very soothing, smooth, he was very well spoken ~ A.  ;)

He still posts online in the defense of others when the trolls attack as trolls do. He still sends messages from time to time.

I still view him as an online Prince.

2 comments:

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...