Friday, June 30, 2017

Counting down the hours until I see him!

I'm so excited, right now, sleeping will be difficult. 

You see, I have not seen my only son since April 2014. He may be a young man, now, yet, in my heart, he is my Baby Blue.

As a baby I sang this song to him as I nursed him at my breast. I sang the song to him as a toddler, when laying him down for his nap. Then, as he grew into a child, then, a young man, I would hum the song into his ear to comfort him.
As he grew into his late teenage years, he would be moved to tears when hearing this song.

He's a tough, smart guy with a kind heart, sharp wit and purely charming. Yep. A real chik magnet!

He has completed USAF Basic Training in San Antonio, TX and is now at Sheppard AFB, Wichita Falls, Texas ~ just 56 miles north from me.
I brought him home from the hospital as an infant on July 14, one of my birthdays. His birthday is coming  up on July 10.

I have bought little things for him in the years since I saw him last. On Sunday, I will go to Sheppard AFB, where he is for his tech school and give him these gifts in person. I will wrap him in a hug, probably shed a tear or two, hold him close.

Have I missed him?
Do I love him so dearly?

Abso-effing-lutely!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...