Friday, June 2, 2017

Now I know the the meaning of pain

Life is full of highs, lows, pain, happiness, plus many surprises along the way. 
I like surprises, GOOD surprises. Surprises of happiness, sweetness, mind tingling surprises!
Last Sunday afternoon, I received the "other variety"!

As one who is very empathetic, feeling a need to ease the pains others feel whenever I can, I knew this was something other than Karma! 
Emotional pain is something I have had, enough to fill many lifetimes.
Spiritual pain is something I know well. I have been abused by Satan in all the cunning ways used by evil.

Physical pain? Less so than the other types.

Last Sunday afternoon, my body began to ache. It wasn't menstrual cramps, it wasn't influenza, it wasn't a secondary attack of shingles.
It was something more painful than I have ever experienced in my short life!

The physical pain began in my back, then spread to my legs & down my arms. I had never experienced physical pain such as this!
It was debilitating.

Laying in bed all day is something I rarely do. Skipping my workouts is something unfathomable!

The pain left me crying in agony in my bed. An outing with my bffit had to be canceled, my appetite on a scale of 1 - 10 was at a minus 10! When I'm going through the uglies in life, eating is not for me, I only lose it to the porcelain throne, anyway.

My bffit came over to help me. I was so very grateful to her!

Thank you, Anita! 

Going anywhere was not going to happen. Driving was too painful, even picking up a bottle of water was excruciating!

Laying in bed, listening to audio books, I wondered. How LONG is this going to go on!!!!!
I have a BLOG to write, after all!

Getting out of pain so I can make it to my daughters wedding on June 9th, then, the second party in Idaho was my goal. 
It was May 28th!

FINALLY, 5 days later, I began to feel the pain subside.

Although my right arm still has the muscle ache in it, it's manageable. 
It hurts a bit to drive, I still have my left hand!!!!

Last night, I was able to do some housework! Amazingly, I was happy & excited to be able to clean my house!

When I see pain in others, the compassion inside me, rises up. The need to do whatever I can to help the person, even animals, sometimes, is strong.
It's something I had to learn to temper so as to avoid being taken advantage of.
Still, my heart wants to ease the pains of others. 

When I can see that their pain is beyond my abilities to help, I pray for that person. Have to do SOMETHING!

What was the cause of the pain?

I have my own theories.

Glad to be able to drive, wash my dishes, maybe even go for a workout!

Now I know what I had in my excellent health, I will cherish it more, after having done without it for 5 days.

Cherish your good health, do all you can to preserve it.

Every time you put anything inside the gateway to your health, AKA your mouth, you are either feeding future disease or you're fighting it.

Fight it!

Your health is your treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...