Monday, June 5, 2017

I have to admit, I'm scared

You're about to see a rare glimpse of my vulnerable side.

Before I drive out of Texas to the wedding in Utah, I'm fully prepped with healthy road food, music & after a good nap, lots of energy!
But....
I'm a bit scared.
Driving by myself since my older daughter never got back to me about caravaning with her crew. No shock. It isn't the first time she has gone M.IA. on me, probably won't be the last, either. 

If I want to make this trip, I have to go it alone.
Story of my life.

People often tell me that they see me as a strong, independent, capable free spirit.

The reality is that it's most often, my only option. Either to do it all alone or do nothing at all, ever. 

So, I charged my taser, put it in my car, good to go.

With the trips I have taken to see the Native American Shaman in Oklahoma, I have used my taser in self defense, twice. Dudes must have seen, "cute little harmless blonde". HAH!
Cute & little, maybe.
Harmless? Nope. :)
I'll make the long drive alone.
I may get slightly off track a couple times, yet, I'll make it, alone. It's my only option.
Yes, I'm scared.
Yes, I'm excited.
I'll make it on my own as I always have, as I always do.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...