Friday, June 30, 2017

What is it that excites you?

Care to share? lol

Maybe, maybe less so.

Things that used to get my motor purring are different, now, than they used to be.

Keeping this G-Rated, now. :)

Maybe it's because I was catapulted into a happier universe in 2007. Freed from the bondage of an abusive marriage, into freedom! Can ya' just hear FREEBIRD! playing in the background?
It caused a sense of urgency to change, then keep changing minute by minute. 
I was free to be who I am, who I was born to be. Discovering so many new things, umm, alcohol, for one!
Yupp, ha ha!
I had never been drunk, not once. Having a bartender for a neighbor, she was a neiiiiiiiiggggghhhhbor! In the coolest way!
She was in her 40s, never married, no children.
Her way of life showed me the freedom I had been missing while I was in a safe little bubble for so long.
In my newfound freedom, I could do anything I wished at any hour of the day for as long as I wanted, with whomever I wanted. 

Although I had been in athletic condition when I married, I had never, ever, been in a gym or lifted weights, ever. 
Shocking!
Apart from my hella fun neighbor, I discovered that I LOVED working out!
Honestly? I had zero clues as to what I wanted to do, needed to do to get back into athletic condition. I only knew, I wanted it.

Before, I hated to sweat. Would refrain from doing anything that messed up my hair or made me stink.

Now, getting down to the meat in this epiphany!

BF ~ Before Freedom!

I was excited by
(remember this is G Rated, so, an incomplete list!)

Ice Cream
Chocolate
A trip to a needlework shop
Finding a new recipe to make an awesome family dinner
Christmas
Easter
July 4th picnics

Did you notice what these have in common?

FOOD!

My life was centered on FOOD!
Prepping food, eating food, sharing food! It's less than a shock that I became obese.
No more obesity for this chik!

Present day, what excites me ~ 

A hard driving workout
The first sweat that sets in 5 - 10 minutes into a workout
Yoga
Pilates
Getting unexpected cash
Ice cold water
Feeling my ab muscles flex
Feeling the skin over my abs tingle as my T Shirt moves

Yeah, yeah, I'm quite easy to please. These aspects may change or they may remain.

Did you notice the difference?

These simple pleasures are non-food related.

Since the awesome TRX Teacher is taking a vacay, she left a TRX workout for her students to do to tide us over until her return, next Thursday.
This morning, I was winging it, on my own. It was enjoyable! Usually the TRX class lasts around 25 - 30 minutes. After elevating my heart rate during a warm up with cardio, I took the TRX bands at my own pace which was a 35 minute sweat sesh!

A guy in the gym was watching me, in an awe struck sort of way. Far from a perv. He's a decent guy who is there to work out. I'm used to it, so I plug the jams in & concentrate on my workout. Just enjoying the burn setting in.

Am waaayyy far from a super model, in fact, I'm average in looks & completely comfortable with that fact.

When he approached to talk to me, I jumped! PTSD is good for that.

He complimented me on my dedication. He advised me that when a person turns 40, it tends to slow them down, so, I should get ready for it.

I thanked him, then continued with my workout.

LG!
(Life's Good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...