Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Airbnb Experience

On my recent trip to Mountain Home, Idaho, needing a place to stay, my wonderful son in law booked an Airbnb for me.

Oh, I had cruised the site before, dreaming of going to Ireland or Australia. Hotels & resorts are priced so outrageous. Airbnb is the equivalent of a Zimmerfrei in Germany.
It works like this:

An individual or a family has extra room in their home or they are going on a vacation, leaving their home vacant. 
Registering the space, with photos is easy. People, like me, looking for an economical, more personal place to stay, can cruise the site to find a place to stay. 
Simple as that.

My hosts were a very nice couple in their 20s who have a lovely home and 2 really sweet cats! The room was perfect! The location was only 1/4 mile from all the activity around the wedding. 
The home was spacious with wifi, a beautiful patio, a full, shared kitchen and a private bathroom. The bathroom was stocked with Shiseido shampoo & conditioner, new toothbrushes & toothpaste.
My hosts were very nice, very accommodating. The home was immaculately kept with great parking for my car.

The only drawback, which is a big one for me, is that both people are smokers. UGH. The morning I woke up it was cold & raining, so, my hosts smoked in their bedroom with the door closed instead of on their outdoor patio.
As someone who is highly sensitive to cigarette smoke, this put a bit of a shadow on my experience.

My advice?

If you're going to book an Airbnb & you are a nonsmoker who is sensitive to cig smoke like me? ASK if there are smokers living on the premises, also if the room has been smoked in before.
This may seem small, yet, to me, it was HUGE.

I would recommend the Airbnb that I stayed in, yet, if the person is sensitive to cigarette smoke, as I am, it might be better to look a little more at different options.

2 comments:

  1. Good advice...it bothers me as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. There might be many more people who prefer a smoke free place to sleep.

      Delete

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...