Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Push through the pain to VICTORY!

A favorite phrase that occurred to me & keeps entering my thoughts when I need to motivate & encourage myself goes like this:

"You broke through, though you don't know you broke through, you made it when you didn't know you made it. You're so far ahead, you wonder if you're behind."
~ Brenda M. Bautista ~

You can quote me. :)

Does this ever enter your scope of experience?

The last instance was when I drove the 993 mile drive, alone, to Utah. My eldest daughter & her family were SUPPOSED to meet up with me & we were to caravan to Utah. 
When they blew me off, I started out on my own.
Yupp.
Me, a full gas tank, a charged Taser, enough food & water to last for the whole trip to Utah.

I was a bit scared, starting out. The drive, alone, was daunting. The long hours, the excruciating pain in my right arm. It was a bit intimidating. I was popping Aleve gel caps like M & Ms!

I kept repeating my mantra.

No "ooooohhhhmmmms". Just saying to myself,
"C'mon girl! You can do this. You have this, keep going!"

I was on my own, had to do this. I had a wedding to attend!

Pushing myself, I left North Texas at 12 midnight on a Monday night, arrived in Provo, Utah at 2300 on Tuesday night. Only stopping for fuel.

Yes, I had to push myself.

Sleep?

Who needs sleep!

Chow? Had plenty of that!

Water? 7 gallons!

When I arrived in Provo, Utah, I had trouble finding the apartment where the Bride lives. She had to guide me there. I was also starting to feel tired, delirious, actually. When I arrived, I know I looked like hell, yet, I MADE IT!

After a hot shower, I was ready to crash!

I made it. I broke through, persevered. 

VICTORY!
******************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...