Sunday, July 23, 2017

Just be real?

Oh yeah, it's heard a lot in present day.

Why?

People want others to be "real" aka "down to earth" aka "genuine" aka "sincere".

So many want to see it, so few willing to be it.

Myself, I find it so disturbing to see that fewer & fewer are willing to actually communicate with  others. 
Hiding behind technology to ~ 

Slam other people
Cheat on your spouse
Pass the time

Has become far too common. 
It's as common as dirt & just as dirty.

They use avoidance, ignoring as well as the infamous "ghosting" in place of actual communication.

What is the motivator? Possibly fear? Possibly they have no cojones?  Possibly they were never taught to have manners.

How much decency does it take to have a simple conversation?
A simple conversation such as ~ 

"Hey, I didn't like what you said (or did) around my kid."
"What you said (or did) really hurt me in the feels."
"You have offensive __(breath, body odor, language)." fill it in! 

There are more situations, am sure you can deduce.

Having a conversation with another person takes courage, confidence, even a bit of your time! *gasp*

Striving everyday to be a kinder person in an unkind world is where my effort is. Striving every day to be a very genuine person in an increasingly fake world is where I put in effort.

Be real, peeps, please, just be real.

1 comment:

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...