Friday, July 21, 2017

TRX Suspension Training vs Cross Fit







Having given both TRX and Cross Fit a good ripping shot, the winner is ~

(Drum -roll please!)

TRX!

I participated in Cross Fit for 90 days. 

HATED IT!

After 3 days I was so sore I could barely walk. After 15 days, the soreness was my buddy, I had accepted it. After 60 days, I was beginning to hate working out, dreading it, actually!

Yup.

I was hating the very lifestyle I had begun to love. I stuck with it for the 90 days I had paid for. It was painful and expensive in so many ways.
Cross Fit was stealing my joy.
Sucking my fun until I had to admit.

To me? Cross Fit just plain sucked!

I went back to my regular work outs, started attending Yoga classes to relieve the muscle pain that had erupted while I was trying to love Cross Fit.

FFWD to February 2017.

The awesome PT who was helping me to up my fitness game, change it up, introduced me to TRX. 
Whilst watching the TRX class at the gym, I was intimidated.
It looked too challenging, difficult, strenuous. The awesome PT took me through my first TRX workout.

I was hooked!

TRX was invented by a Navy Seal to help him keep in shape while deployed with no gym available. 



While the Cross Fit injuries list of sufferers grows longer, TRX is taking off!
TRX is a lifelong sustainable workout while Cross Fit is NOT.

Having gained more muscle while my abs are reducing & firming up, I see the positive results. There's new muscle in my legs, arms & back developing more definition, I feel it! Even my "girls" are lifted from the multiple chest presses & I-Fly/Y-Fly!

Disclaimer:
I am still a work in progress. I weenie out sometimes, am still challenged, still working on improving yet I AM improving!!!

TRX is here to stay for me. If you like Cross Fit, you can have it! I'll keep my TRX workouts with my awesome TRX teacher, Amy. She rocks!


2 comments:

  1. You've inspired me (again) Brenda! I was thinking about going to the gym. Now I'm going and I'm going to do more TRX than I usually do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Thank you! Always happy if someone gets something good from my blog. The TRX teacher told me that 4 days per week is enough, unless something pressing keeps me from it, I WANT to do TRX 5 days per week, it's almost a need! Until I have to change it up to keep progressing, I'm hooked on this.

      Delete

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...