Thursday, December 29, 2016

Yoga Talk


This yoga mantra or in layman's terms, a thought or chant to hold inside your mind when going to a peaceful place or needing to go to a peaceful place among chaos.

I am
in my spirit
I am 
inside myself
In my spirit
water cannot wet me
wind cannot dry me
fire cannot burn me
enemies cannot harm me
My spirit is eternal
Not of this Earth 
but of he who created me
Curving around
again
yet again
I create my happiness
I comfort myself in misery
Curving around yet again
Back into myself 
In a spiritual merry go round

********************************

When I have been faced with difficulties, this is my mantra, in whole or in part. Combined with Yoga breathing, it works well to help me handle the storms of life.

For the past year, I have been working on improving my balance & posture. 
Standing on my left foot, placing the bottom of my right foot on the side of my knee with my right knee to the side. I raise my hands above my head, bring my palms flat together over my head, elbows out to the side.
I hold this for as long as I can with eyes closed or focused on a, umm, focal point. Yes.
I switch sides once my left leg starts to warm & burn a little.

Inside my head, I repeat my mantra.

Feeling my shoulders relax, feeling my abs as well as lower back work to stabilize, balance, relaxing into it.

Peace is inside me no matter what is outside of my body.

Peace & calm, strength & stability, serenity & happiness.

Peace to you, my love, as another year begins. 

Namaste





No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...