Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Falling In Love


My aunt, who has a wonderful Appalachian style sense of humor, once said to me:

"People don't fall in love, they fall in horse shit. Most don't know the difference."

Have you ever felt that feeling? The feeling of beginning to care deeply for someone? It's made up of so many emotions.
Part fear
Part bliss
Part, "I don't know what this is!"
Part pleasure
Part pain
Part, "Oh, no! Here we go again!"
Part insomnia
Part energized
Part, "All of my dreams realized!"
Part heaven
Part hell
Part, "It was good, but, oh well."
Part sadness
Part shame
Part, "I'll never be the same again."
Part why
Part crying
Part, "I'm done with even trying"
Part recovery
Part new cat
Part, "Oh, wow, who is that?"

Have you felt this? Most likely, yes. If not, well, sux to be you. When you're admitting, the most likely answer is, yes, at least once.

Then, there's also.

"Do not fall in love with people like me! 
I will take you to museums, 
and parks 
and monuments.
I will kiss you in every beautiful 
place so that you can never
go back to them 
without tasting me 
like blood in your mouth.
I will destroy you in the most 
beautiful way possible.
And when I leave
you will finally understand
why storms are named after people."

Author Unknown

Personally, when I love someone, barring some catastrophic event, I will always love them. Loving with passion, with an open heart, with my whole heart, is how I love. 
The pain of being hurt is equally strong.
A searing, devastating pain which takes a long long time to work through.
Still, a small amount of it lingers forever, long after the initial emotional hurt. 

Better to smile more often, sing, when alone! 
(I should only sing solo, so low no one can hear me)
(Or sing tenor, ten or twelve miles from the nearest life form!)
Healthier to work out harder when I start to feel the pull of attraction to someone. I walk away with a hotter bod, more calm mind & a heart full of happiness!

Loving yourself is the best love, the safest love, the most rewarding love of all.

Loving others?

Tread lightly, exercise caution!


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...