Friday, December 2, 2016

Why? Why Ask Why?



Again, last night, I was asked why it is that a "girl like you" is still single!
I keep getting this question asked of me. 
I would love to give the truthful reason, yet, if a person doesn't know me very well, it could be misconstrued.
I'm a very genuine person. It's almost 100% of the time that I have benevolent intent toward others. Far from being perfect or even close! I try to be a good person.

Many times I have been told that I'm a very unique & different sort of person. My firstborn daughter tells me that I am multi-faceted, that people don't know how to take that.
So, I am very different from most people. Very different from most girls out there. 
It could be because I have high hormones? I have high estrogen levels, even higher testosterone!
Very energetic, always, very mentally & physically active!
Having a very active, sharp creative mind combined with a burning curiosity about everything. Yeah-yeah ~ It's said that curiosity killed the cat. 
WELL!
I'm not a pussy!

If I were to give the most truthful answer as to why I'm single without being misinterpreted as being a feminazi, it would be this;

There is a very particular type of guy who I'm attracted to, enough to want to spend time with him. I will confess, if you haven't picked up on this. I am past the age of 40, though many people think I'm in my 30s. (working out makes a person look more youthful!
Thank you Anytime Fitness!
In my lifetime, thus far, I have only known 4 guys who are that specific type that attracts me. 
If I happen to meet another guy who has these attributes, there would be a stronger chance for him to hold my interest.

The characteristics?

I know what they are, it's a short list which is not a list at all. He doesn't have to be perfect, he only has to be perfect for me. 

Being a flawed girl, myself, it would be wrong to expect perfection from anyone else simply to be let into my life.

So, there it is!

Maybe, I should have little business size cards printed that tell people why I'm single. Sounds a bit narcissistic, so, I will refrain!

I DO become weary of being asked this question in its various forms.

Having decided to be happy many years ago, I'm happy being single with all the freedom it provides. Single people are, often, painted as being defective because they don't have a wife or a husband. The image, often painted of a sad, old, lonely, person just pining away for a girlfriend or boyfriend might apply to some single people.
It definitely is far from being that way for me. When I decided to be happy come what may, it was a conscious decision which I stick to. 
Happy 99% of the time!
Finding the silver lining in most situations.
Accepting every little happy event to add to being happy!
Serotonin uptake rawks!

Long explain to a simple question! 

Now, where are those business cards?

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...