Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The End of Sabotage

Do you want some chips?
Yes! Pringles Sour Cream & Onion!

Do you like ice cream?
Yupp. B & R Jamocha Almond Fudge gives me mouth-gasms!

Do you enjoy a nice, big, cold mushroom?
Buzz kill!

Marketers & advertisements are so effective! Have a treat, have a beer or 10, they can be purchased 12 at a time! M & Ms are so small, eating 4 handfuls seems like nothing. The Pringles chips that are sooooo yummy are often higher in price to buy a smaller can, so, a BIG can just makes sense ........until the whole can has been eaten and the realization hits that the calories amount to 2 hours on an elliptical or an 8 mile run.

Sabotage!

You just sabotaged your fitness goals.

Okay, to be fair, it would have been ME sabotaging my fitness goals.

Here is something to consider:

"Your mouth is the main gateway to your health. 
Ask yourself, every time you put anything in your mouth; 
"Will this feed future disease or will it fight future disease?"

Eat the chips, the cookies, ice cream or whatever your poison is. Drink the soda, vodka, whiskey, beer, kool-aid, milkshakes.

Do it mindfully, knowing exactly what this food or other concoction is doing to your body, what it will do to your health. 

Recently, I took a closer look at what I'm eating, at what my habits are that might be sabotaging my fitness goals. I'm going to TRX class, doing cardio, strength training with weights, Yoga, Pilates. 

When compared to many people, I eat quite healthy, yet, because I wasn't moving along further in my fitness goals, I had to see just where I need to tweak it.

The culprits I found, holding me back:

~ Barefoot Moscato Wine
~ Sunday "cheat meal" at Pizza Hut. Too many hits with the pizza!
~ The occasional Turkey & cheese mini sub from United Supermarket.
~ The occasional Friday dinner at Eastern Buffet ~ sushi!!!!!
~ The occasional Jamocha Almond Fudge mini.

It's okay to have a treat, yet, it's also good to be mindful of what that treat means in calorie count!

The solution?

~ 1 mango chopped into bite size pieces, 1 avocado ditto, combine these with 1/2 lime squeezed on them.
YUMMM!
~ Juicing! No, not the 'roids! Juicing veggies with limited fruit all day, just 1 day per week, usually Hump Day for me!
~ Eat at least 1 ounce of lean natural protein with every meal. Eggs, tuna, chicken breast, turkey breast, beans ~ all good!
~ Nuts! I prefer walnuts & cashews ~ easy on the teeth. 
Keep your nuts in the freezer, the extra crunch is very satiating.

Those are just a few of my personal strategies which are working for me.

Part of the reward which happens for me is when people with no agenda, compliment me. That's when it's revealed to me that what I'm doing to support my health is working.

Yesterday, a guy who was sitting next to me at the library, asked me what I was doing that was so exciting to me. I was writing my blog!
I know his age to be 59 yrs, from 2 previous conversations. 

He said, "I don't know how to do that. You must be around 35 or so? You kids know how to do those things."
His wife, a very sweet lady, smiled, she and I know each other.
She said, "Working out does good things for you, doesn't it!"
I smiled, "Yes ma'am."

Keep in mind, although I'm working very hard at it, I'm still shy of my goal. Continuing to work at it is essential.
Deciding to clean up my kitchen habits will help.

Have a fit & healthy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...