Friday, March 3, 2017

Working on Forever

Although I have too many needlework projects started, I DID finish 12 in 2016! I had only stitched the top part, the beautiful medallion & ribbons, when my attention was drawn away. While sorting through "things" to reduce possessions, I found this beautiful design I started  a few years ago.
I stitched on it for 5 hours last night, that gives some credit, right?

This design is by Nan Caldera of Just Nan Designs, it's the FOREVER Sampler.
Forever is a mighty long time!
This design is relatively simple as compared to many of the designs I have loved, have enjoyed stitching, in my long stitching career.

I see creating works of hand crafted beauty, as my stab at immortality, long after I have passed on, my works will remain. Stitching is my peace when stressed, my relaxing time!

The photo, taken from the cover of the pattern design leaflet falls short in showing the true beauty of this sampler.

I'm working on forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...