Monday, March 27, 2017

Things to Know, Figuring it Out

Dear reader, are you curious? 
Even a little?
Well, good! That's where the magic starts!
Not the Ciara kind, ala : Love, Sex, Magic!

This pertains to REAL magic. The magic of living well. It takes more thinking, exploring, following that sense of adventure than it does money, time or complicated processes. 

Being the deep thinker, yes, have been told that I'm a deeper person than is common. I think that may be good? idk.
Possibly it simply is. Like having green eyes or blonde hair or.....
Yeah.
Being a deep thinker, with a wild imagination, it can be dangerous, can also be fun! Most of the time, it's fun!
Combine that with being financially frugal, o yeah!

Case in point.

When I lived in Germany, I often went across the border into France. In a few shops I noticed a really unique room fragrance lamp.

Lampe Berger

It was invented by a French Chemist over 100 years ago to freshen the air from the chemical odors in his laboratory. I was enchanted by this non electric lamp. 
The price was somewhat less enchanting. Cost prohibitive.
BUZZ KILL!
FFWD to a little over a year ago, I saw that a shop here in the town where I live, sells these fragrance lamps for a mere fraction of what they sold for in France.
Having a shop credit to the place where they are sold, which is the same or lower than the price I found on the net was enough incentive!
I was so jazzed! I promised myself that when I moved into a place that I would enjoy living, I would, then, treat myself to a Lampe Berger.
Enter: Cost Prohibition
The liquid which is used to fill the lamp, to give off the delightful scent?
$20. and up!
UGH!
After doing some investigating to include reading the scent liquid, I found that all it is, is 91% Isopropyl Alcohol & a few drops of essential oil! The cost? 
$3. maximum!
With a bit of poking around, reading, investigating, BOOM!

This Lampe Berger, pronounced Lamp- A Bear-jer, scents the whole house. The directions say to let the "wick" soak for 20 minutes. I let it soak overnight. The directions say to light the "stone" and let it burn for 2 minutes. Seems like it needs 3 - 4 to me.

A bit of curiosity can be cool. The Ah-Ha factor feels quite satisfying as well. Saving money while still getting exactly what I want is also a good feeling.

If I were a Salmon, I would probably figure out that there was a better way to get upstream than swimming against a current. Maybe, I would also figure out that if you mate, you die and become a sort of "Monk Salmon."

What else, you may ask.

Well, you may. *big smile*

A few things to know ~

Flashing bright headlights at a red stoplight, when it's dark outside, trips the sensors to turn the light green. Be sure there is no other car & driver in front of you so you don't blind them. I heard about this, I have done it, it works every time for me, no matter how long or short, the light has been red.

Uncooked spaghetti noodles make great candle lighters for those Birthday candles or jar candles that have burned down & are hard to reach. Light the spaghetti noodle with whatever fire source you have. Be amazed. You're welcome!

Tossing 2 - 3 balls of crumpled aluminum foil into a clothes dryer will eliminate static. Depending on whether it's a small, medium or large sized amount of clothing. If you like the nice smell? Dab some essential oils or a spritz of perfume on a facecloth & toss it in.

If you need AA Batteries yet you only have AAA? Place a bit of crumpled aluminum foil to take up the rest of the space in the positive (+) side. It works!

Figuring it out?
Yes!
Yes, you are!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...