Sunday, March 19, 2017

Sweet Feeling in The Air

It's official!

My baby girl will marry her dream guy in June!  When she sent me, only me, her engagement photo, I had to take a deep breath! She looks so absolutely happy.

They both look like they were made for each other.

It gave me such a sweet feeling.

Even though I lost my phone for a couple hours today, could not find my debit card, then, a money envelope with a lot of cash in it, it was enough to throw a girl into a bit of a tail spin!
As tempting as it was, I opened the small box where I had kept my pearls, the box I was sure was gone forever, had no clue where it was. I found it again after thinking it was lost forever.
When I was a single girl in Hawai'i, my dates often took me to Waikiki to the Pearl Factory Kiosks. We would open an oyster together & my date would give me the pearl in a chivalrous gesture.

Hell, yes, I knew they were hoping for some action.

Mostly, they got a hug or a peck on the cheek.

I had the pearls, and, yes, I can tell you which pearl as from which date with which guy. Even today, I could tell you his name, his home town & what we did on our date.

So many good memories represented by those pearls. When I opened the tiny box, I reminded myself, that the pearls were found, the debit card, money envelope & phone would also be found. 
Sure enough, no sweat, they were both right where I had left them.

This reminds me of the holy promise that has been repeated to me many times over the recent times of difficulty I've had.
The promise?
"All will be restored to you. All that you had that you desire. All that you lost in your times of heartbreak, sadness, loss. I promise you, it will all be restored."

Ya' know what?

I'm going to believe!

Sweet feeling! 
*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...