Wednesday, July 24, 2019

For the first time.




The first time I felt my innocence slip
Was a time I was too young to even grip
The wrongful actions which were taken
Against me as a child

After being a patriot serving my country later on
The faith I had in humanity was then gone
The males who were supposed to be decent
Most of them turned out to be cruel

As a faithful wife being a mother on my own
From their birth to when they were all grown
Enduring the misery & being taken for granted
Until I found a way to leave

Being a single girl again with new freedom awaiting
Entering the hall of horrors in the new rules of dating
Married males who acted more single than single ones
It was a nightmare

Setting myself free I made sweet promises to my heart
To never again let her be abused nor shattered apart
Life became beautiful once again as I embraced freedom
From all that hurt me as well as held me back

With the help of one who counsels troubled souls like me
For the first time in many years the innocence has come to be
Feeling whole again with the happiness it brings 
Peace, love, joy, rest



No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...