Friday, July 12, 2019

Intention

The power of intention. Oh, it's powerful, alright! In media coverage about the Law of Attraction the phrase is tossed about. It's actually very serious for as casually as it's mentioned.
Deepak Chopra has fascinating audio books about it.



There ya go. Everything begins with intention. He said so! 

This is about a different sort of intention. An intention to help others when it's possible. Many people won't accept help, they ponder the motives of the one offering help, then, say "no, thanks". Sometimes this is misjudged, sometimes it's correct. It's often difficult to discern.

This is understandable in a world full of predatory & flaky people.

My mission in life, that which I was put on Earth to do, is to help others as much as I can. This help is to be done as long as my own resources are intact. As long as the person genuinely needs or can benefit from some help & isn't just a mooch. There are many of those out there. Moochers.

When I was working as a substitute teacher, there were a few students whom I liked a bit more than others. One of them, actually kept in touch after I stopped working in the schools.

Yes, he was a male student. A JrH student. He is a very genuine person. Very smart, great sense of humor. Once I had left the schools, we kept in touch. A few times he messaged me, I went to his home, picked him up. 
We sat in a restaurant, a public place in public view, just talking, it was strictly platonic. He read my intentions, correctly. I was so grateful for that. He was a very interesting person, I enjoyed hearing what he had to say. 

When he started driving, he texted me, we met at a public place to sit & talk.

Some people may think it's odd. idgaf. 

You see, I believe I can learn from everyone, age is irrelevant. 

I find that I have more in common most often with people who are much younger than me. As people move through time, they often become cynical, jaded, hopeless, bitter.
Dang, I love that!
There was a guy with a similar personality to the one mentioned here, earlier, who was working in a nearby store. He was funny, sweet, smart, had a great sense of humor.

I wanted to get to know him. I won't push. 
He seemed to read my intentions wrong. 

It's kinda sad that he misinterpreted what I said to him. I know I can help him to get on a good path. A sort of life mentor. He was 16 when I met him. He is now, 18.
It's been 2 years.
I saw him a couple days ago. In that 2 years he had matured a lot. He had grown a bit taller, developed some muscle. He stopped me in the store, we talked for almost an hour. He had graduated from HS ~ hey! My intentions are purely above board! 
I want to help him.
He has impeccable manners. He's very polite, very courteous. I decided to take a chance and I fear he may have mis-read my intentions.
I gave him my cell number.

I know that it's unusual. Then again, I'm different from most girls.

Also, it takes a great deal of gumption for an 18 year old guy to phone an 18 year old girl. It might be too much for him to contact me.

Either way, I put it in his hands, it's his choice. I won't push.

In the meantime, my landlord's, who are also my next-door neighbors, have a 10 year old girl who is just adorable. I tried to teach her to speak French, she wasn't ready. So, when I go over to pay my rent to my landlady, I speak with her a bit. She's a very cute, smart, bubbly child.

I'm so grateful that no one questions my intentions toward her.





No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...