Monday, July 22, 2019

Pride of Texas

In 2012 I moved house from the state of  Colorado to Texas (USA for my international readers ~ Haayyy!) it was partly out of necessity, part love, part desire.

I spent almost 6 months in Texas during my military training, had the feeling I would come back.

Abracadabra ~ here I be.  

I'm originally from the state of Michigan, born in West by god Virginia (long story) ! Got back to Texas as quick as I could. 
That's a Texas quip!

Something I noticed immediately was that Texas people are quite friendly. A pleasant surprise. Many will be surface friendly, as in, they will smile, hold your door for you, chat you up in Walmart.
Yet, most, not all, most will leave it there.
Most Texans will offer an invitation to come to their church within 5 minutes of meting their time. That was not a typo. *smile*

Most Texans will stop on the roadside if they see someone having car trouble. I was the recipient of that help at least twice since 2012. It's the Texas way. Help your fellow beings.

Something else that has been very pleasant was that, the places I have lived in since moving to Texas, had large yards & the landlords have kept & still keep the yard up for me. It was a bonus, a surprise, a relief!
I KNOW how to start a lawn mower, I know how to keep a yard looking beautiful. Why would I do it if someone else will!

When I was a substitute teacher in the local schools, I was impressed with the students show of respect for the USA flag...….as well as the Texas flag.
There was a great deal of pride as the students recited the Pledge of Allegiance as well as the Texas Pledge. Every student stood up, on their own with their hand on their chests, to recite together.
It amazed & impressed me.

God blessed Texas with his own hand, brought down angels from the promised land, gave 'em a place where they could dance. If you wanna see heaven, brother, here's your chance! I've been sent to spread the message. God blessed Texas!
~ Brady Seals/ Peter Howell ~ sang by Little Texas (oxymoron!)

In wrapping up this blog, I hope all Texans love their very own super hero!
Many people think he stands for America, we, Texans know better!





                                    Hook 'em horns rule!


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...