Monday, July 1, 2019

Sunday Cheater

Fitness people or lovers thereof often refer to a cheat day as a time to relax their eating habits, eating something which isn't exactly healthy.
A cheat day can lead to a bit of clothing shrinkage. See what I did?

A full on cheat day too often invites these insidious little creatures to invade clothes closets, dresser drawers. They arrive with black magic that sews clothing tighter, bursts a seam or two here & there.

They are known as "calories", usually travel in groups of 500 or more. Dastardly buzzards!

Here & now, I propose having a cheat MEAL instead of a cheat day. Here and now, I promise to eat healthily. Only what I need, here and now. I promise to have one cheat meal. Here and now.
(Sorry, Luther, not sorry)

If I'm out with friends, I will relax a little on clean eating. That's the purpose! Going out with friends and enjoying.

Yesterday, it was the last day of June. July is here, so, starting fresh.
But yesterday...….my cheat meal seems so far away. :)

Cooking is a passion for me, food prep, properly plated. In present day, leaning toward healthier food is a must for me.

Asparagus is plentiful right now, thus, I have been having it frequently. 

Yesterday, this happened!

Asparagus lightly sautéed in avocado oil with freshly minced garlic. Gnocchi also sautéed in avocado oil with a delicate basil pesto. A fresh basil leaf for garnish. Yes, I ate the leaf, too!

The Numi turmeric tea that I bought at Central Market (H.E.B.) went very well with all the deliciousness of my home made cheat meal! btw ~ I heard that!
Turmeric Tea? Ugh! Gross. Ew. Yuck.
If you try it, you might change your mind. Turmeric is less than a favorite for moi. This is why I decided to give it another shot. I found my new favorite tea!

Then, this happened.

It was a wonderful afternoon on into evening.

Remember fitness peeps: Have a cheat meal in place of a cheat day

Drink your turmeric tea, work out hard, you got this! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...