Friday, December 21, 2018

Something Different

Throughout my short life, people have told me that I'm different from other people.
I think that's a good thing?

Things that I DO know is that as far back as I can remember, I was deeply curious about everything. Everything, everything. Have also, always thought, inside my mind, in rhyme.

Doesn't everyone?

It's a rhythm of thought like a rivers flowing
Softly unknown just where it is going
It sings in a language it only can hear
With love with joy with songs that are dear
The destination matters less than the ride
Carrying all that is most pure inside

I digress.

As I grew into an adult, launched myself out into the world, I realized that I really was quite different. The green, eyes that I had been ridiculed for as a child, were somewhat rare. 
That's just the start.
Whatever it is within me, I feel very deeply, I love very deeply.
The downside is that when I'm hurt, I hurt very deeply, sometimes for years at a time commensurate with the love. It's a bitch!

In time, I have learned to keep my feelings to myself unless it was safe to care. Really, REALLY safe.
As a result, I have kept myself mostly single for the last decade. It became necessary like Elise McKenna.  😏

Keeping this heart of mine from being broken hearted
Only those who are worth being battle scarred and
Only a handful are worth it

As I go into the new year ( I by-passed Christmas) of 2019, I feel a great deal of hope, a lot of curiosity for whatever is new, whatever is different in 2019!

Stay tuned...….

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...